Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Stripes of Green

 
Made from my standby 1941 Lutterloh shirtwaist pattern, this dark green and white striped shirting was transformed. I did do a slight alteration out of necessity. The bias front waist treatment. When I was cutting out this dress I knew it was going to be really tight and my bodice front was cut too short. I had to scour my scrap bag and thankfully I had this piece that was just right. Talking about a close call. This fabric was a thrift store find for less than a buck and the buttons were thrifted as well. The metal side zipper was from the same thrift store that I found years ago but finally used. Gosh I love thrifty shopping. I think all said and done this dress cost less than $5.00 to make. None too shabby. This fabric must have been really good stuff when it originally came off the bolt. It is so crisp! Definitely going to be a summer staple but for now it resides as a winder ready frock. 


Although the red and green combo speaks of Christmas I think red and green really is a year 'round color combination. 




No comments:

Post a Comment