1940s Pink Sequin Cocktail Dress





Finally finished and up here. This one took a long time but I think it was all worth it. I am really happy how it turned out. For this dress, I used a pattern that I had used before but cut it out of a dusty pink rayon crepe. Then I took dark mauve sequins and stitched them one by one into the fabric in a swirling design. Around the neckline I added the same sequins and then added peal beads for more umph. You would think by now I would know that sequin work will take a long time but I guess I have not learned that one yet. It must be because I know the end result will be worth it. 
 







Comments